preview of a personal project that i’m working on…. destruction commence tomorrow….
i know i haven’t posted in a while, but, i’m back. Here’s a few rayfire tests i did very recently, always wanted to try it out, heard a lot of great things about it, and it’s a really good tool.
Short film we created in VFS
i know it’s been a long time since i posted the “making of”, i’ve been asked quite a lot to give them the scene files or post the pflow tree. well i can’t give you the scene file anymore because my harddrive crashed and i didn’t have any backup of it (i know, i know i should have backed up, but i’m a cheap guy who never buys any harddrives), but i do have a screenshot of pflow tree i’d like to share.
it’s not a small tree, actually quite large a tree really. well “how do you read this sucker” you ask (well maybe you didn’t but i just wanna say “sucker”, hehehe) anyway, as you can see, there’s 2 events that’s hooked directly into the render: fire and event01. fire is like the name says, well, fire, particle fire. (if you want to see what the passes looks like just refer back to the original post: linky here).
To the left you see event01, which is like a hub for all the particles. It distributes all the particles into it’s specific “roles” shall we say. It gives me lots of control over how many particles go to each “role”. i learned that from Allan Mckay actually (you can find link to he’s site to the right).
Actually, now looking back i see i could have recycled the delete nodes, cutting down on the number of events that’s present in the tree (bigger doesn’t mean better, have as many as you need to achieve the effect you want, but be as efficient as possible).
i’m not gonna go through the whole tree explaining each node and what it does, cause then i’ll be writing a book not a blog post.
i hope this has been helpful, even though it’s almost a year after i posted the original “making of”.
original making-of can be found here: https://michaelvfx.wordpress.com/2007/11/18/making-of-blade-disintegration/